Butternut Squash Falafel Balls
Here’s my meatless Monday lunch, a Messy Kitchen original. I needed lunch for the week and also needed to use up the half onion, mashed squash, and half can of chickpeas sitting in my fridge. Throw it all in a food processor, and voilà!
- 1/2 cup mashed butternut squash
- 1/4 quaker oats
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- heaping 1 teaspoon cumin
- scant 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
Makes 8-9 falafel balls
- Put onion, garlic, chickpeas and squash in a food processor until well combined but still chunky.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Scoop into a greased mini-muffin pan and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned and crispy. Wait until cooled thoroughly to remove.