A Rich and Creamy Spaghetti with Kale, Sopressata and Brie
February ended and in came March, not all that lion-like (although it did snow yesterday!) My seemingly endless jury duty stint is over at the end of this week and it’s finally back to real life. Catching up is feeling a bit daunting.
As spring is almost here, I’ve decided it’s time to get back into running. I actually froze my beloved gym membership this weekend because I knew it would be the only way to get myself back to pounding the pavement. I’ve got a couple of races on the horizon– a 5 miler this Sunday (no sweat) and a 10 miler April 1st (yeah, about that…) Everyone knows that Sunday races must be followed with fabulous brunches, so of course I’ve made reservations to coincide: Birch and Barley (finally!) and Acadiana.
Week 9 Winner and my February Favorite: Savory Quick Bread with Olives, Goat Cheese and Sage
Courtney and I didn’t agree on a favorite for February (more for me!)… His favorite was the Romesco Roast Salmon with Pumpkin Olive Grits.
Spaghetti with Kale, Sopressata and Brie
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3oz Sopressata, cut into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz brie cheese, rind removed and cut into cubes
- 1 large bunch curly green kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, cook the sopressata until browned.
- Remove from pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil; add minced garlic and sauté briefly over medium heat until fragrant. Then, add the kale and sauté until it begins to wilt, about five minutes.
- Add the hot, cooked pasta to the kale along with the brie cheese and sopressata. Stir together so that the cheese melts and forms a creamy coating over each strand of spaghetti.