Buffalo Chicken Soup for the Soul
Want a bite? I know you do. It’s been quite some time since I shared something of the buffalo chicken variety. This soup is thick and creamy, but it’s actually dairy free. The creaminess is achieved with cauliflower puree and a touch of coconut milk. And of course the Frank’s gives it a kick! It’s healthy and satisfyingly hearty, another buffalo chicken winner for sure!
Buffalo Chicken Soup
Adapted from Paleoaholic
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 4 Organic chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Organic raw honey
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup Franks red hots sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 can of corn
- Salt, to taste
- Crumbled blue cheese, to garnish
- Using a large stock pot, add water, cauliflower and chicken breast. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion in a medium skillet.
- Once chicken is cooked remove and set aside. Once it’s cool enough to touch, shred with a fork. Strain the cauliflower.
- Transfer cauliflower and onion to a food processor or high power blender. Add coconut milk, chicken stock, spices, honey, and franks red hot sauce. Return to pot and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken and celery to the pot, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Garnish with about 2 tablespoons of blue cheese and serve!
Nutrition: 275 calories, 6g fat, 28g carbs, 28g protein, 6g fiber